1982     1983   

Beerwah Glasshouse United Soccer Club was formed on 31 July 1968. Two men, Bill Gouros and Jim Nicopoulos, were the driving force behind the formation of this club. They approached the Beerwah Lions Club to call a public meeting to gauge public interest in such a club. Mr J Graham, President of the Sunshine Coast Soccer Association was invited to attend and outline a clubs’ requirements to play in the Association competition. With high interest shown and a senior team already playing a committee was elected. And so began the Bee Gees Soccer Club. Club colours are Emerald Green and White.

This club was fortunate in that grounds were available at the Glasshouse Mountains Sports Ground in an ideal highway position. Much work has been done to these grounds over the years by the Sports Ground committee and the Soccer Club. One of the first big projects was obtaining a new club house. In 1974 the old Stanmore School House was moved and alterations made to become the club house. This was a combined effort of all affiliated clubs of the Sports Club. The Main Roads then reclaimed some of the grounds and many hours of voluntary labour was put into making the grounds into the first three field complex on the coast.

This new complex was officially opened by Sir Francis Nicklin on 26 April 1975.

Bee Gees in 1977 again led the way for night soccer when lights were installed. This opened a new avenue for soccer fans with night games and many spectators over the years have enjoyed these games. An irrigation sprinkler system was installed in 1981. This was a great asset to the complex as it meant that volunteers did not have to be down at the club moving pipes etc when fields needed to be watered. An Amenities block was added in 1976 for the comfort of patrons and players.

Over the years many of our players, senior and junior, have represented the Sunshine Coast and Wide Bay in Representative Teams. Llyle Bryce who played all his junior soccer with Bee Gees went on to play in the National League. Chris Fullerton who also played all his junior soccer with us played in the Queensland Under 21 Schoolboys team. Two other players, Dave Payne and Gary Carless have played in the Premier League.

In 1987 the club had the distinction of having three longest playing club members on the coast. These players were Philip Shaw and Gordon Wendt who started playing as juniors in 1969 and Ken Fullerton who was one of the original players in 1968.

Over the years we have had highs and lows. One of the clubs greatest moments was Grand Final 1971 when every team the club entered in the Sunshine Coast Soccer Association competition won their Grand Final.

In 2016 the club was renamed the Beerwah Glasshouse United Football Club. The club continues to develop and grow with the help of the community, our sponsors and the volunteers who provide their time to our children, ensuring they have a safe environment to play soccer and promoting healthy living through sports.

Anyone with information relating to the history of the club, be it personal knowledge, photographs, newspaper clippings can contact the president@beerwahglasshouseunited.com.au  . Your input will enable us to provide a comprehensive history of the club for all to view.